In Honor of Birthday Week and Being Closer to 30…
Glamour Magazine inspired me this week with this…
By 30, you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
8. Where to go-be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat-when your soul needs soothing.
9. That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, or not flossing for very long.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
15. Why they say life begins at 30!
Here are my top 5 cliche things you should know by 28…
1. It’s not too late to live a dream.
2. You should never look back.
3. Hard work does pay off.
4. You can never make everyone happy.
5. In life, it’s about the journey, not the destination.
What are yours??